The memorandum format:- Memorandum submitted to Hon’ble Ministers, The finance minister, Communication minister and Secretary Posts and local MPs by speed Post on 5-10-2012.
Shri Kapil Sibal Jee,
Hon’ble Minister for Communications & IT
Government of India, 6 CGO Complex
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110001
Most respectfully we are submitting herewith a memorandum on most urgent and pressing problems of the Gramin Dak Sevak employees for your kind perusal.
- We, on behalf of the 2.7 lakh GDS employees urge your gordself to take necessary action to take status/Regularisation as Government servant to GDS employees as recommended by Justice Talware Committee. The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in its land mark judgement dated 22-04-1977 held that the Extra Departmental agents (now Gramin Dak Sevaks) are holders of Civil Posts.
- Grass injustice and discrimination has been to Gramin Dak Sevak employees by denying Bonus Ceiling of Rs. 3500/- at par with Departmental Staff. Grant bonus Ceiling Rs. 3500/- to GDS without any discrimination. Please Consider.
- The department of Posts appointed government officers Committee to examine grant cash handling points to BPMs, pay protection, cash conveyance allowance etc. GOC has already submitted its report to the Department. The recommendations have not been implemented so far. Kindly intervene and issue necessary orders to implement the GOC recommendations. We were assured previously regarding pay protection, cash handling norms etc. Positively by Hon’ble State Minister for Communications & IT.
- Rastriya Swastya Bhima Yojana (RSBY) has been granted to GDS and approved by the cabinet. But the scheme has not yet been implemented. Kindly implement RSBY immediately.
- Hither to compassionate appointment to the wards of GDS have been given as a welfare measure without any condition or restriction. Imposing conditions and norms prescribed recently is against the principles of natural justice and low or the land. Due to this norms 50% compassionate appointments have been refused by CRC. Restore the previous position and grant compassionate appointments to all.
- You are urged to intervene and make the concerned officers to Grant ACP promotion or financial up gradation to GDS as recommended previously.
- Most of the GDS posts have been abolishing stating that there is not justified workload for the post. Stop abolition of GDS Posts and filling up of all vacant post in all cadres of GDS.
- Scrap the new recruitment rules for appointment of postman/MTS. Stop 25% recruitment from open market. Restore the previous Recruitment Rules.
Senior GDS officials have been denied to promote as postman/MTS. They are enjoying this facility for many years. Kindly restore old formula.
We, therefore, request you kindly to consider the case keeping in view the Judgement of the Supreme Court and issue necessary orders to withdraw the amendment.
We once again respectfully crave your indulgence for judicious settlement of the issues.
With high regards