No.GDS/CHQ/1/5/2010 Dated 19-07-2011
All Circle Secretaries/Divisional Secretaries/Branch Secretaries
All Members of the CWC AIPEDEU
Subject: - Deferment of the proposed indefinite Strike and other related matters.
By this time the news of deferment of the proposed strike from 5th July, 2011 has reached every member. We feel the members must have discussed amongst themselves this development. We shall be happy for feed-back from the Circles and Branches about their feelings. As for the CHQ, we are not that satisfied with the outcome. Comrades, we are disappointed that due to serious illness comrade S.S. Mahadevaiah, General Secretary, was not able to personally take part in the meeting takes by the Secretary on the demands but our case and view point was ably presented by Com. Rajendra Prasad Diwakar, Financial Secretary,(CHQ); Com. Datta Ram, Asst. General Secretary; Com. Lakhwinder Pal Singh, Asst. Asst. Treasurer (CHQ) and Com. Rambir Singh, Circle Secretary, Delhi Circle, AIPEDEU. The other members of the JCA expressed satisfaction with the assurances given by the Administration and the strike was deferred.
You are aware that our demand in the charter of demands was status of Central Civil Servant to the GDS employees for all purposes which includes proper service condition, increments at par with other Central goverment employees, pensioner benefits, leave, bonus and Trade Union Facilities.Other demands included withdrawal of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct & Engagement) Rules, 2011, Scrapping the new rules for promotion to postmen cadre, and withdrawal of the tightened norms for measurement of work hours of BPMs, especially cash handling of Rs. 20,000 for one point.
The administration assured that they will consult other related departments regarding status to GDS employees. They assured review of the rules for promotion to Postmen Cadre, tightened norms of Cash-handling, bonus ceiling of Rs. 3500/-(To be taken up with Finance Ministry) appointment of casual labourers and contingent paid staff as the GDS. We are enclosing a copy the official minutes relating to the GDS demands.
We are aware that the Circle level and Divisional/Branch level leadership strained all nerves in making solid preparations for success of the strike. We congratulate all such active workers and membership in general for their tremendous work.
Central Working Meeting on 18.06.2011
The Central Working Committee of the union met at Chennai on 18.06.2011 under the presidentship of Com. D.N. Giri, President of the Union. Out of 22 Circle, twenty one Circle were represented at the CWC meeting which was inaugurated by Com. N. Balsubramanian, Ex-Circle Secretary, P-3, Tamilnadu Circle; Com. S.S. Manjunath, Circle Secretary, P-3, Karnataka; Com. S.C. Jain, Circle Secretary, P-3, M.P. Circle; Com. H.P. Diwaker, Circle Secretary,P-3, Rajasthan, Com. G.S. Asiwal, Ex-Circle Secretary, P-3, M.P. Circle; Com. D.P. Diwaker, Senior Leader Rajasthan Circle amongst others GDS members of RMS of Tamilnadu Circle Union made excellent arrangements for successful deliberations of the CWC. Our thanks to them.
The Central Working Committee, after serious discussions and deliberations adopted the following resolutions:
1. Scrap Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules 2011 and grant "Status/Regularisation as Government Servant" to GDS employees.
Implement Supreme Court Judgement for Payment of DCRG and Pension to all GDS employees.
2. Family pension scheme at par with regular employees is to be introduced for GDS also.
3. Grant all retirement benefits with effect from 01.01.2006.
4. Remove present age condition and enhance age limit up to 40 years, 43 years and 45 years for O.C., O.B.C and SC/ST for appearing P.A Examination. The present system of selection to PAS from GDS should be changed. GDS employees should be selected in order of merit of written examination irrespective of last selected candidate's percentage of marks.
5. Syllabus and new pattern for promotion examination of postman and multitask staff should be released at earliest convenience. Remove the condition offering 25% postmen and Multitask Staff vacancies to the outsiders. New recruitment rules for Postman and Multitask Staff should be modified in consultation with GDS, CHQ.
6. Remove tightening of norms for GDS BPMs i.e. Rs. 20,000/- to earn one point and Rs. 900/- stamp sale for one point and allow status quo Ante.
7. Grant Transfers to GDS without affecting the yearly increases earned by them.
8. Grant Rs. 3500/- Ceiling as Bonus to GDS employees.
9. Grant all Trade Union Facilities to GDS union at all leads and its office leaves including Foreign Service to Chief executives form Circle to All India.
10. Formation of JCM at all levels with GDS representatives to negotiate the Anomalies of GDS Committee to redress the grievances of GDS employees.
Comrades, we are making every effort to realize the demands. As a matter of fact, there appears to be propress in movement of the files. We are on vigilant.
Regarding donation towards union building for the CHQ, a proposal to appoint Regional Sub-Committee has been adopted. We shall be giving more details about it in our next bulletin.
Dear Comrades, Circumnstances keep an changing and changes are sure to take place. We are confident that the service conditions of the GDS employees will certainly improve.
Last but not the least:- The Central Working Committee expressed grave dissatisfaction over non-payment quota and arrears of quota to the Circle Unions and to the CHQ. The CWC has decided that in case of failure to remit full quota and arrears of quota. The CHQ and Circle unions will take strong action under the provisions of the constitution. We believe that Divisional and Branch unions will not be failing in the matter of remittance of quota and will not provide any ground for any action on this score.
This Minutes we sending only GDS issue
Minutes of the meetings taken by Secretary(P) Member (operations) with Postal Joint Council of Action comprising National Federation of Postal Employees (NFPE), Federation of National Postal organizations (FNPO) (along with their affiliated associations), All India Postal Extra Departmental Employees Union (AIPEDEU) and National Union of Gramin Dak Sevaks (NUGDS), on 27.06.2011, 29.06.2011, 30.06.2011 and 01.07.2011.
On the issue of grant of civil servant status to Gramin Dak Sevaks, the Staff Side was apprised that it was not within the competence of the Department to take a view in the matter. As regards, scrapping of new recruitment rules for Postman Cadre, relaxation of norms for cash handling, stopping reduction of TRCA in case of reduction in work load, removal of ceiling in the matter of compassionate appointment, adjustment of part time casual labourers and contingent workers against Gramin Dak Sevaks Posts, it was agreed to have a re-look by the Department. On the persistent demands of Staff Side, the Chairperson agreed to send a proposal to the Ministry of Finance for enhancement of Ceiling of bonus to 3500/- in case of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
All India Postal Extra Departmental Employees Union