S.S.Mahadevaiah General Secretary, A.I.G.D.S.U. 1st Floor Padam Nagar .P.O. Delhi-110007 Phone-23697701
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Reverification of membership for recognition under the EDA(RA) Rules, 1995
New Re-verification of membership। option/ authorization form for GDS Staff.
Please download below link
Reverification Orders Copy
Reverification of membership for recognition under the EDA(RA) Rules, 1995
GDS/CHQ1(C) /2009 Dated: 22-04-2009
Ms. Radhika Doreswamy,
Department of Posts,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject: - EDA(RA) Rules,1995 –Reverification of membership for
recognition of Associations – procedure regarding.
Ref: Directorate letter No.13/01/2008-SR Dated, 17.04.2009
It has been intimated and very authentically declared in several of the Directorate's letters ending with letter No.13/1/2008-SR dated 23.06.2008, that the instruction contained in letters dated 27.05.2009 and 19.06.2008 apply only to regular departmental employees Associations and donot have any bearing on the Associations representing the Gramin Dak Sevaks. Similar orders have been also issued vide dte. letter No. 13/01/2008-SR dated 9.9.2008. Now it is shocking and surprising that orders for reverifications of membership in respect of G.D.S. employees Associations have been issued. In respect of the G.D.S. Associations, membership verification was held in June,2008. And membership subscription on the basis of new verification in June,2008 is being recovered from Pay of members. As a matter of fact the required statement of membership in respect of individual unions has been submitted to the Directorate by most of the Circles. Now the reverification sets the things in the reverse gear and undoes the work and Labour already invested. Therefore, it is only Judicous and proper the G.D.S. Associations are exempted from the reverification process.
Besides the following points are very pertinent and deserve immediate consideration:
(i) The programme of reverification of membership clashes with the General Election to the Lok Sabha. This process is in contradiction with the horms of democracy.
(ii) In almost all states the public transport is being utilized by the Election authorities for transportation of election official and police personnel and it is very difficult to get transport to reach upto the members.
(iii) In almost all north India states marriage season is on and this is yet another hurdle to be crossed.
(iv) Last but not the least. Earlier a period of two months was being granted for obtaining and submitting declarations while this time less than one month's time has been given. This will very badly hamper the process because the G.D.S employees are spread in innermost parts of the Country. It will be difficult to reach them within the given time. The curtailment of the period so draslically is unexplained, unexpected and devastating.
We, therefore, request you kindly to consider the entire factors objectively and exempt the G.D.S Unions from re-verification as full circle of verification in respect of G.D.S unions was completed only less than a year ago.
No. GDS/CHQ/5/1/2009 Dated: 20/04/2009
All Circle/Divisional/Branch Secretaries,
All CWC Members All
Subject:- Reverification of membership for recognition under the EDA(RA) Rules, 1995.
The Department of Posts vide its letter No.13/01/2008-SR dated 17.04.2009 has issued orders that reverification of membership will be done along with the reverification of membership of unions of the departmental employees. You may recall that the Hon'ble High Court of Madras had issue stay order in respect of unions covered under CCS(RSA) Rules,1993 i.e. unions of departmental employees. The Department had issued several letters stating that the process of verification of membership carried out in June,08 as per the instructions Contained D.G.(P) letter No. 13-4/2007-SR dated 26.03.2008 would hold good. Now that the Department should issue orders for reverification of membership in respect of GDS employees unions also is surprising and shocking. We do not know whether this is being done with a view to penalise us for our struggles to protect the interests of G.D.S employees or to help those who helped, the administration at the cost of the interests of the G.D.S. employees as a whole. But this is very shocking.
We are just pointing out the facts to the Department and taking all possible steps. But at the same time we shall give a befitting reply also by ensuring that all G.D.S employees give their declarations in our favour.
So Comrades, we must utilize all resources and all Divisional/Branch level office bearers and activists should be utilized to reach up to every members and obtain their declarations in our favour. We are enclosing a copy of the from of declaration on which the declaration should be obtained. The form has been signed by Director(SR) dated 17.04.2009. The declarations are to be given on this form only.
The detailed programme of the reverification process is as follows:
(I) The declaration forms duty signed by the authorized office bears will be submitted to the DDO i.e. the concerned Postmaster/HRO on or before 15.05.2009.
(II) A list of members who have given their declarations will be prepared in triplicate. The authorised office bearer will sign the three copies of the list on each page and submit to the Divisional Superintendent of the Concerned Division on or before 20.05.2009.
(III) The Divisional Superintendent will scrutinise the declarations in presence of the authorized office bearer of the union. After serutiry the Divisional Superintendent will transfer the declaration and list of members to the DDO on or before 25.05.2009.
(IV) The DDO will return one copy of the lost to the union duly receipted and display one copy the list on notice board between 27.05.2009 to 29.05.2009.
(V) If a declaration form in a member's name has been wrongly included in the list of other union, he should represent to the Divisional superintendent by 2.06.2009.
The list of members which has been displayed on notice board must be examined carefully to ensure that the name of our members has not been included is other union's list.
We can understand the problem. The General elections to the Lok Sabha are in progress. In some states marriages are solemnoized. But at the same time we must also discharge this duty also with all our might.
We hope this will received the to most urgency.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
AFTER KILLING THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN CENTRAL SERVICES DURING THE PAST EIGHT YEARS SCREENING COMMITTEE WOUND UP WITH EFFECT FROM 1.4.2009
COPY OF THE ORDER IS REPRODUCED BELOW:
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
New Delhi-11 0001
Dated, the 9th April, 2009
Subject: Optimisation of Direct Recruitment to Civilian Posts- regarding
Reference: (i) OM NO.2j8j2001-PIC dated 16.5.2001
(ii) OM NO.2j8j2001-PIC dated 30.8.2006
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above-cited subject and to say that vide this departments O.M.No 2/8/2001-PIC dated 16th May 2001, the Scheme of Optimization of Direct Recruitment to Civilian Posts was introduced for five years with the objective of rationalization of the manpower in various Ministries / Departments of the Government of India. As per the Optimisation Scheme, all Ministries / Departments were mandated to prepare the Annual Direct Recruitment Plan for each year in order to prioritize the fresh intake of manpower. After the expiry of the initial five years period, the Optimisation Scheme was reviewed in the year 2006 in consultation with the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it was decided to extend the scheme for a further period of three years i.e., up to 31st March 2009 subject to a review after the receipt of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission.
2. In this regard, the Sixth Central Pay Commission has recommended, "multiskilling of the Government employees which would increase their operational efficiency while simultaneously optimizing the staff strength. It is however, noted that while rightsizing in Government is necessary given the changes in the work process due to technology and consequent reduction of layers, a blanket ban on filling up of vacant posts across the board can impact effective functioning. More flexibility is required in this policy for effective service delivery and care has to be taken that administrative delivery structures do not become hollow or thin in critical areas ". (Para 6.3.10)
3. Keeping in view the above recommendation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, the optimisation policy has again been reviewed in consultation with the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided not to extend the validity of the Optimization Scheme beyond 31.3.2009.
All Ministries / Departments
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Ref: GDS/CHQ/10/1/2009 Dated 02-04-2009
Dr. Man Mohan Singh,
Hon'ble Prime Minister,
Government of India ,
Sub: - Pay and other Service Conditions of Gramin Dak Sevak employees of the Department of Posts.
As per pronouncements of the Government the Aam Admi is getting the sharpest attention of the Government. The Gramin Dak Sevak employees of the Department of Posts, who service the Aam Admi in the villages are the most common person amouqs the Aam Admi and disserve your persona attention and protection of the Government. Some forces are bent upon taking the Gramin Dak Sevaks down wards by cutting/withdrawing the berifts/facilities and giving the Pay and allowances a downward turn. The following basic points and principles deserve your personal attention:
1. Consequent on appointment of the 5th Central Pay commission, the Government appointed a Pay-Committee known as Justice Talwar Committee under the Chairmanship of Justice Charanjit Talwar, a retired Judge of the Delhi High Court. This committee submitted well recsoned recommendations on pay and allowances and relating the pay and allowances of the Extra Departmental employees (as the Gramin Dak Sevaks were then called) to the Pay of the corresponding category of the socalled departmental employees as then recommended by the 5th CPC i.e E.D. SPM/ED with Mail/overseer, EDDA/ED Stamp Vendor with Postmen and other ED employees with Group 'D'. The Pay scale of the Extra Departmental Agents (TRCA as it is called) so based and proportionate with corresponding categories was studied and principle confirmed by a Group of ministers. The issue was discussed several times in both houses of Parliament ending with discussions on 17-18/12/98.
2. Now attempts are afoot to reverse the Principle so adopted to fix the pay-scales (TRCA) of the Gramin Dak Sevaks with current pay bands (Pay Scale) of the corresponding category of the Departmental employees by adopting a separate and unprincipled basis. This has not gone well with the G.D.S employees.
3. Attempts are also on to degrade the other benefits like bonus etc by reversing the so-long prevailent principles which is a naked injustice.
4. As a victimization for demanding Justice for this neglected class of employees, the Department of Posts has stalled the whole functioning of the union. Since the G.D.S employees are not granted foreign service, therefore, an arrangement was made that the Chief executive and one other functionary of the Central Union woald be granted leave without pay by relaxing the ceiling on the total duration of leave. The Department of Posts has rejected further leave of Sri S.S. Mahadevaiah, General Secretary of the union who is the Chief Executive and ordered him to join his duties at Bangalore . This has stalled the entire functioning of the union.
We, therefore, request you most respectfully. Sir, to personally intervene for Justice to this category of aam servants of the aam admi by:
(i) Grant of pro-rata pay band and grade pay to the pay-band and grade pay presently granted to the corresponding category of Departmental employees;
(ii) Retaining the amount of equal ceiling on bonus as has so long been prevailing; and
(iii) Continuance of the facility to the General Secretary of the union to properly run the union affairs by grant of leave in lieu of foregn service.
With profound regards,
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Remuneration to be paid to the Gramin Dak Sevaks engaged as substitutes in short term vacancies of Postmen/Mail guards and Group 'D'.
Ref: GDS/CHQ/10/1/2009 Date: 01-04-2009
Shri R.K. Singh,
Department of Post
Subject:- Remuneration to be paid to the Gramin Dak Sevaks engaged as substitutes in short term vacancies of Postmen/Mail guards and Group 'D'.
Ref: Directorate letter No.1-20/2008-PCC dated 27.03.2009.
The following improvements are required to be made in the above letter so that the G.D.S employees employed against short term vacancies of Postmen/Mail Guards and Group 'D' are fully compensated for the responsibilities they bear and extra expenditure they are required to incur:
i) The minimum of the pay scale of Postmen/Mail Guards as per the conversion table devised by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of finance is Rs.6060+Rs.2000 (Grade) pay i.e Rs.8060. therefore, the remuneration of G.D.S employees employed as substitutes against short-term of vacancies of Postmen/mail Guards should be based on Rs.8060 plus other usual allowances like D.A etc.
ii) Substitutes will have to reside at the place of this duties for timely attendance and proper discharge of their duties, and will have to hire an accommodation to live, it will be only in fitness of Justice that they are paid house rent allowances and conveyance allowance as Justified on the basies of their remuneration.
More over the Hon'ble High Court of Madras while disposing of several writ petitions filed by the department has held that the HRA/CCA cannot be withheld or denied in case of G.D.S employees employed as substitutes A Copy of the said judgement is enclosed for ready reference. Taking undertaking from the substitutes will not over-rule the judgement of the Hon'ble High Court.
We, therefore, request you kindly to consider the issue in hight of the principles and circumstance compelling the G.D.S employees employed as substitutes against departmental Posts to incur extra expenditure in respect of house rent and conveyance and improve the letter under reference as submitted above. This will be in accordance with the Judgement of the Hon'ble Madras High Court.