INDEFINITE STRIKE WILL CONTINUE,
WE URGED FOR ORDERS ON
INDEFINITE STRIKE OF GDS ENTERED 3rd DAY
Meeting with Secretary, Member (P),DDG(Est) and Director (SR )lasted for about 2 hours. During the discussion all the demands were discussed in length and submitted our views. On departmentalization of GDS it was explained that it is high time to consider our views submitted in the form of notes on Strike Charter.
GDS/CHQ/1/1 /2012 Dated: 18-10-2012
NOTES ON DEMANDS –JUSTIFICATION FOR CONSIDERATION:
GDS employees of Department of Post are the most exploited section of this society. They are yet to be treated as humans. They are denied of their due in respect of pay, Transport, HRA, Medical, educational etc. Although GDS employees are doing the same pattern of work for the department of posts, the benefits and other facilities enjoyed by departmental staff is not extended to this section even after 65years of India’s independence. It is highly unimaginable that all concerned are still not serious to resolve the justified demands of this section. Now the disgusted and frustrated GDS employees are on an indefinite Strike w.e.f 16th Oct,2012.
1.All are sympathetic about this deprived community and even Justice Talwar Committee has given a well reasoned justified report and the same is also diluted by the then Group of Ministers. Several Memorandums from MLAs to Prime Minister not yielded tangible results. Hence we urge upon all the concerned to consider the long pending and justified demands to work out modalities for DEPARTMENTALISATION OF G.D.S in the manner adopted by BSNL, erstwhile Telecom, in respect of Casual labourers. This is high time to accede this demand favorably without giving room for further deterioration of the situation. For, the GDS are back bone of this department and their contribution to the department and the public is universally accepted.
2. Bonus ceiling should be Rs.3500/- for GDS also. Rs.2500/- is discriminative and there is no valid reason to reject this demand which is supported by several courts/CAT of India. End this continued discrimination and cause to extend Bonus ceiling of Rs.3500/- for GDS also in the interest of natural justice and equity.
3. Assure compassionate appointment to the families of GDS who dies in harness. As assured earlier all deserving cases should be considered for compassionate appointment without insistence of 51 points as indigence differ from case to case. Insistence of minimum 51 points and satisfactory service condition of the deceased employee are not imposed on regular employees. This discrimination should be ended and all rejected cases are reviewed objectively and justifiably.
4. Scrap new recruitment rules of Postmen/Mail guard and MTS and cause to restore previous recruitment rules. The promotion from GDS to Postmen/Mail guard and MTS is treated as Direct recruitment and hence there is no necessity to resort to Direct Recruitment. Till absorption of all GDS in department as agreed earlier there is no scope for Direct Recruitment.
5. It is natural law that the pay pocket of every employee should be protected and GDS is an exception where they undergo reduction of pay. We cannot imagine reduction in workload, reduction of pay also, in the present situation where all GDS employees are working hard, more than their duty hours as his services are being utilized for various activities such as PLI, RPLI, opening o savings bank accounts, NREG payments, collection of data etc. In case of reduction in work, in rarest of the rare case if any, there is every possibility to attach work to protect the TRCA. It is not good for a model employer to reduce the pay on the basis of unscientific norms for assessment of workload.
6. Implement immediately at least Rashriya Swasthya Bhima Yojana (RSBY) as the poor GDS are not covered under any health scheme or Scheme for education of their children.
7. Stop unjust abolition of GDS posts and cause to fill up all vacant posts lying vacant for long time. This is either causing further exploitation of existing GDS who are forced to take burden of additional work. This is also leading to corrupt practices by sub appointing authorities.
8. Casual labors in the postal department are deprived of their due wages – pro-rata wages as per revised scales of 6th CPC w.e.f 01.01.2006 is overdue. They are not getting their DA as and when given to central staff. It is already 6 years over and we demand immediate settlement of this issue.
Since the issues highlighted above are justified minimum, due immediate consideration and therefore it is requested to bestow your personal attention to resolve it.