ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
(Central Head Quarter)
First Floor, Post Office Building, Padamnagar, Delhi 110007
President: D. N. Giri
General Secretary: S.S. Mahadevaiah
Ref. No. GDS/CHQ/32/1/2012 Dated. 06/12/2012
Department of Post,
Sub;- Provision of time factor for PLI/RPLI work performed by GDS in place of commission payment.
During the discussions on Strike Charter, on the above subject when we pointed out the tightened norms for assessing the work load of BPMs, especially in respect of cash-handling and stamp-sale are taking heaving tells and are against the norms of condition based work . The question reduction of traffic or work-hours is rather a separate issue and involves many more things than mere letter traffic. We donot think, it mingle the same with other issues like provision of time factor.
Secondly the payment of commission should also be read objectively. Either full time factor should be provided for all time spent in promotion and motivation of business performing the transactions connected there with or the commission should be connected with the process of motivation and not connected with the transaction of business which involves specific time factor.
As for us, we prefer that entire period spent on the promotion and motivation of P.L.I business should be reckoned as time spent on duty and TRCA fixed based on that. Proper time factor should be provided as enumerated in the annexure for all items of work.
You are requested kindly to provide proper time factors for all items. We may be further consulted about the time factor to be allotted.
Sl. No. Items of work
1. Motivation and education (at least 10 hours week or at least 1 hour 30 minutes daily)
2. Filing up/getting filled up the proposal form.
3. Examination of the form to ensure that all items are properly filled.
4. Receiving money from the proposer (insurant)
5. Issue of proper receipt for the money.
6. Entry of the transaction in proper book register.
7. Preparation of schedule (list) of PLI transactions.
8. Entry of the amount is the B.O. a/c book/S.0. a/c book.
9. Preparation of B.O/S.O daily account and entry of the transaction there.
10. On receipt of the passbook, the same to be recorded in the book and register.
12. Delivery of the pass book to the insurant after obtaining his receipt for the same.
13. Filing of the receipt at proper place.
14. On receipt of the policy, the particulars of the same to be written in the books.
15. Issue of notice to the insurant to collect his policy.
16. Filing of the receipt at proper place.
1. Obtain pass book and Cash from the insurant.
2. Verify that the amount of premium is correct and also verify that the policy has not been defaulted.
3. Make entry in the pass book, put signature and date stamp it.
4. Issue proper receipt of the amount to the insurant.
5. Make entry in the books/registers.
6. Caste total of the daily transactions of PLI in the book.
7. Prepare schedule (list) of PLI transactions.
8. Make entries in the B.O. a/c book/S.O. a/c book.
9. Make entries in the B.O./SO daily account of the amount and note particulars of the documents sent.
10. Close the PLI books/registers daily.
1. Make correspondences where passbook is not received in time.
2. Make correspondence where PLI policy is not received.
3. Attend to any objection/correspondence that is received in connection with P.L.I work.
4. Educate the insurants in case of any change in the procedure, premium or bonus.
5. Miscellaneous work