ALL INDIA GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS UNION (AIGDSU)
(Central Head Quarter)
First Floor, Post Office Building, Padamnagar, Delhi 110007
President: M. Rajangam
Ref:No.GDS/CHQ/72/1/2015 Dated: 18.03.2015
The Chief Labour Commissioner,
Shrama Shakthi Bhavan,
Subject:- Strike notice of this union on three point Charter of demands.
- That we are demanding nothing new, they have already signed an agreement with us on 21st February, 2014 and we simplify demand implementation of the agreement. You are requested to kindly prevail upon the postal administration to honour its commitment. (copy enclosed).
- The department of Posts refused to implement the bipartite agreement by stating that it is premature for them to call on the strike as the proposal in regard to wage structure and other conditions of service of the Gramin Dak Sevaks had been referred to the Department of expenditure, Ministry of Finance the outcome of which it will be awaited.(copy enclosed)
- The inclusion of our case in terms reference of VII CPC has already been rejected by the Department of expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- This union was received a letter No. 17-13/2013 GDS dated 24-11-14 requesting to suggest the draft terms of reference for separate committee. (copy enclosed)
- This union requesting the Department for appointment of judiciary committee as per the bipartite agreement of 21st Feb 2014. Vide Lr. No. GDS/CHQ/68/2/2014 dated 24-11-2014 as the department has taken the decision to set up the separate committee to examine the wage structure and service conditions etc. of the Gramin Dak Sevaks. We also submit that if Department appoint judiciary committee, then we shall submit the draft terms. (copy enclosed).
- The department itself prepared terms of reference ignoring our request and violating the bipartite agreement and was sent to this union vide Lr. No. 17-13/2013 GDS dated 28-11-14/1-12-14 for our comments/ suggestions. (copy enclosed).
- This union again requesting for appointment of judiciary committee vide Lr. No. GDS/CHQ/68/2/2014 dated 4-12-14. (copy enclosed).
- There is no response from the department. We were informed orally by the Director General, Department of Posts on 22-12-2014 when the representatives of this union met in the chamber of Hon’ble Director General that the department has taken decision to appoint a separate committee headed by retired Departmental Officer. We opposed the decision and requesting to honour the bipartite agreement.
- We are compelled to go on trade union action and issued notice for indefinite strike on 6th February 2014.
- There is no response from the Department till the conciallation meeting was held with Asst. Labour commissioner on 9-3-2015.
- On the other hand the Department conducted a meeting with Postal JCA in which this union is not part and partial to discuss the GDS issue.
- Instead of discussing the charter of demands in conciliation meeting held on 9-3-15 in presence of Asst. Labour commissioner, the minutes copy of Postal JCA meeting held on 5-2-15 was given to this union seizing the discussions.
Keeping in view the above facts the Hon’ble chief labour commissioner is requested to kindly consider our request and prevail upon the Postal administration to appoint a committee headed by a retired judge of the High court or the supreme court.