EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES INDIA UNION
(Central Head Quarter)
First Floor, Post Office Building, Padamnagar, Delhi 110007
President: D. N. Giri
General Secretary: S.S. Mahadevaiah
No. GDS/AIC/25/Resolutions/2012 Date: 05.09. 2012
Department of Posts
New Delhi - 110001
SUB: RESOLUTION ON GDS PROBLEMS—REG.
A resolution adopted at the All India Convention of the AIPEDEU held on 24th August, 2012 at Aggrawal Dharmasala, Model Town Delhi resolved unanimously the following Resolutions. On the above subject is submitted herewith for consideration and necessary action.
We humbly request you kindly to consider the views put forth in the resolution and necessary positive order may kindly be issued in favour of the Postal G.D.S employees of the country.
With high regards, Yours faithfully
The Central working commttee and National Convention of AIPEDEU held at Agrawal Dharmsala on 23rd and 24th August, 2012 unanimously resolved the following resolutions.
1) The Gramin Dak Sevaks whose strength is formidable around 2 lakhs 50 thousand employees in the department of Posts are the worst sufferers by erosion of their wages since they are at the lowest rung of pay structure. They are most anxiously looking forward to the setting up of 7th pay commission. This All India Convention of All India Postal Extra Departmental Employees union most vehemently urges upon the Government to include the postal Gramin Dak Sevak employees in the purview of the coming 7th pay commission.
2) Grant Status/Regularisation as government servant to GDS employees as recommended by Justic Talwar Committee. The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in its land mark judgement date 22-04-1977 held that the Extra Departmental agents (now Gramin Dak Sevaks) are holders of civil posts.
3) Grant Bonus ceiling of Rs. 3500/- at par with Departmental staff. It is grass injustice and discrimination has been to Gramin Dak Sevaks by denying Bonus ceiling of Rs. 3500/-.
4) Implement Government officers committee recommendations regarding cash handling points to BMPs, cash conveyance, Pay protection etc.
5) Implement immediately Restriya Swasthya Bhima Yojana (RSBY). The scheme has already been approved by the cabinet.
6) Grant compassionate appointments to all by removing conditions and norms prescribed recently.
7) Grant ACP promotion or Financial upgradation to GDS.
8) Stop abolition of GDS posts and filling up of all vacant posts in all cadres of GDS in postal and RMS offices.
9) Scrap new recruitment rules of Postman/Mailguard and MTS. Restore the previous recruitment rules.
10) Restore Dearness allowance to casual labour, contingent, part time and MMC workers which has been stopped for four years.
11) Implement VI pay committee recommendations and grant revised scales to casual labour, cntingent, part time and MMC workers.