SUCESSFUL ENLARGED C.W.C MEETING
As notified the Enlarged CWC meeting of the AIPEDEU was conducted successfully when a large assembly of leaders attended the meeting at Maharaja Agrasen Bhavan, Trinagar, New Delhi-35. The meeting was addressed by Com.G.Raghavendran, Secretary General, NFPE, Com.R.A.P.Singh, Com.Narain Chaudhary, Com.S.S.Manjunath, Com.Bhupendra Singh Thau and other leaders. Representatives from each and every circle have actively participated in the meeting. The items in the Agenda were deliberated purposefully resulting in announcing another PROGRAMME OF INDEFINITE STRIKE AND RELAY HUNGER FAST.
PROGRAMME OF PARLIAMENT CHALO, RESOUNDING SUCCESS:
Thousands and thousands of Members from all over the country had arrived in
A DELEGATION TO SHRI.OSCAR FERNANDES:
Soon after the Parliament Chalo programme hundreds of delegation met Shri.Oscar Fernades, Hon'ble Labour Minister for state along with the General Secretary Com.S.S.Mahadevaiah and apprised him of the urgency to resolve the issue of settlement of justified Demands. He also assured to do his best in this regard.
NO, GDS/CHQ/41/1/2009 Dated: 12-02-2009
This enlarged meeting of CWC of AIPEDEU which is attended by all Divisional Secretaries through out the country held at
This meeting is of confident view that the assurances given by the department must be implemented. The employees demand of relating the Pay scales of the GDS to those corresponding category of departmental employees as agreed by the department. The department also agreed to consider many demands sympathetically in the realistic manner and that there will be no curtailment in rural services and the GDS establishments.
This enlarged meeting of the Central Working Committee has considered the entire situation in detail and has come to the conclusion that the Government must come forward with orders on the agreed items by the end of February 2009. In case the Government/Department fails to do so, this CWC decides that the entire GDS employees all over the country will launch INDEFINITE STRIKE with effect from 3rd March, 2009. Further 26th Feb,2009 will be observed as ASSURACES FULFIL DAY.
It is further resolved that in addition to the Indefinite Strike, INDEFINITE RELAY FAST at all Circle Head Quarters will also be launched TILL THE DEMANDS ARE MET.
This CWC earnestly requests the NFPE and FNPO to extend their fullest active support to the struggling GDS employees
Dr.Man Mohan Singh,
Hon'ble Prime Minister,
Government of India ,
ON THE PAY AND ALLOWANCES AND SERVICE CONDITIONS OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
Most respected Sir,
We, the 2.80 lakh Gramin Dak Sevak employees of the Department of Posts, who serve about 72 percent of the population living in rural areas submit this humble memorandum with high hopes that you will kindly look into the issues and save the Gramin Dak Sevaks from crude injustice being inflicted on them. Sir, we are aware of your health conditions and jointly pray for speedy improvement of your health. Seized of the problems and sympathetic to this neglected and exploited category of employees as you are, we venture to place the facts for your consideration to ensure steps for amelioration.
1. Your Government claims to stand for the "Aam Admi"(common man). The Gramin Dak Sevak employees, the humble servants of the 'Aam Admi' are the commonest of the common people and the lowest in the echelon. They are kept bereft of justified Pay scale, leave and social security. These 'Aam sevaks' of the 'Aam Admi' beseech your benevolence for justice.
2. The Hon'ble Supreme Court has declared the Extra Departmental Agents (as the Gramin Dak Sevaks were earlier called as holders of civil post/civil servants/Government employees). The judgments of the Supreme Court remain still to be implemented and are suffocating under irongrasp of illconceived prejudices of the bureaucracy. The Gramin Dak Sevaks being held as holders of civil post/civil servants/Government employees, Justice demands that they are provided with all facilities of Government employees.
3. Several new services/products like NREGA payments, payment of old age Pension, Rural Postal Life Insurance policies, acceptance of Telephone and electricity bills apart from promoting small savings have been undertaken by the Gramin Post Offices and Gramin Dak Sevaks. But still, (mis)utilising the agency of Shri.R.S.Nataraja Murthi's Committee, the department seeks to curtail the rural postal services and proposes to curtail the postal services to rural people even below 3 hours. This hits at the benefit of the Gramin Dak Sevaks as also service to the 'Aam Admi'. Therefore, it has to be ensured that the postal services are provided at least for 3 hours 45 minutes (say 4 hours). Thus the proposal of Sri.Nataraja murthi to curtail postal services to the Gramin population below three hours or up to 3 hours must be scrapped.
4. The principle of linking the emoluments of the Gramin Dak Sevaks (EDAs) to the corresponding category of the whole time employees has long been recognized. Justice Talwar Committee has finally set the records straight. Sri.Nataraja Murthi committee and the group of Officers headed by Sri.P.K.Gopinath have accepted the
principle. But they have deliberately produced a miscalculation. As per the implementation orders issued by the Government the minimum pay of the corresponding category of whole time employees is as below:
5. The relatively with corresponding category being the principle category of whole time employees, the rate of increment @ 3 percent has got every justification and is to be extended to the Gramin Dak Sevaks.
6. The principle of relativity has been recognized and hence the formula for fitment in the new scale shall be the same i.e., Basic Pay + multiple of 1.86 of the basic pay+40 percent of the maximum of the existing scale;
7. All other benefits, i.e., Dearness Allowances, House Rent Allowance and all other benefits have to be at the same percentage.
8. On similar principle, the retirement benefits and social securities including the benefits as outlined in Ministry of P.G & Pensions OM No.45/55/97-98 PW (C) dated 11.09.98 which prescribes the following lump sum compensation must accrue to the GDS employees.
a) Death occurring due to accident
in the course of performance of duties Rs.5.00 lakh
b) Death occurring in the course of
Performance of duties attributable to acts of
Violence by terrorists, anti-social elements etc. Rs.5.00 lakh
c) Death occurring during (a) enemy action
action in international war or border skirmishes
and (b) action against militant, Terrorists,
extremists etc. Rs. 7.00 lakh
9. On similar principles, all rules and regulations applicable to the whole time employees be made applicable to the GDS employees also.
10.The nomenclature 'Gramin Dak Sevak' should be accordingly changed as 'Central Civil Servants (not whole time).
11.Bonus and its ceiling limit should be made applicable at par with Departmental employees.
We submit this memorandum with humble and confidence that the same will be considered and implementation orders issued by the end of February 2009. This will pave way for arresting the simmering dissatisfaction and anger amongst these Gramin employees and also maintenance of peace and tranquility
With profound regards,
Dated, New Delhi ,
the 13th Feb,2009.
CLARIFICATIONS AN 5% TRCA
PLEASE DOWNLOD THE BELOW LINK. FOR ABOVE ORDRS FILE
Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.