ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
(Central Head Quarter)
First Floor, Post Office Building, Padamnagar, Delhi 110007
President: D.N. Giri
General Secretary: S.S. Mahadevaiah
Ref: GDS/CHQ/10/2008 Date: 04-08-2008
The Director General
Department of Post
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Gramin Dak Sevaks of postal will go on strike for one day on 20.08.2008. The demands for acceptance on which the employees embark upon this one day strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Regularization and grant of pension, Gratuity, T.U. Facilities and all other facilities to Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts.
2. Take urgent step to contain price-rise through (a) universalizing the public distribution system throughout the country to cater all essential commodities at controlled price through PDS, (b) ban on futures and forward trading in all essential commodities, (c) reduction of tax in petrol and diesel, (d) stringent action against hoarding and black marketing.
3. Strict implementation of all labour laws particularly in respect of minimum wages, working hours, social security and safety and stringent action against all cases of violations; stop contractorisation and outsourcing.
4. Scope of the Unorganised Sector Workers Social Security Bill pending in Parliament should be expanded to cover all unorganized sector workers irrespective of BPL or APL category to ensue a national minimum social security benefit for them as per unanimous recommendation of the National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganized Sector (NCEUS) and the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour with Central Govt. Funding.
5. Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme to be extended to loans from private money lenders; nationalized banks to extend easy credit to peasants at lower interest rate.
6. Lift ban on recruitment in Govt. services; remove the negative and discriminatory features in the recommendation of 6th Pay Commission and finalise the same for implementation in consultation with the employees organizations:
7. Expedite wage negotiation for the employees of Central PSUs including the contract workers without any conditionalities.
Copy to: All CWC Members, Circle/ Division/ Branch Secretaries are requested to make grand success 20th August, 2008 One Day General Strike.
Government of India
Ministry of Communication & IT
Department of Posts
(Welfare & Sports)
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
No. 19-12/08-WL & Sports Dated the 1st August, 2008
1. All Heads of Circle,
2. All Postmasters General,
3. Director of Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad (UP)
4. CGM, PLI Directorate, Chankyapuri PO, New Delhi
5. CGM, BD & MD, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
6. DDG (PAF/Chief Engineer (Civil) ADG (Admn), Departement of Posts.
7. Postmaster General, Foreign Mails, Mumbai.
8. All Directors, Postal Training Centres.
9. Directors Foreign Mails, Chennai, Kolkata and Delhi
10. All Directors/Dy. Directors of Accounts (Postal).
11. All Service Associations.
Subject: - Admission of children of Gramin Dak Sevaks in Kendriya
Vidyalayas in Civil and Defence areas.
I am directed to say that recognizing the contribution of Gramin Dak Sevaks in providing postal services in rural parts of the country and as a gesture of goodwill, Hon'ble MOS (C & IT) wrote to the Hoh'ble Minister of Human Resources Development for extending the eiligibility for admission to kendriya Vidyalays in favour of children of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
2. Minister of Human Resources Development has conveyed his consent to
the proposal. A copy of the reply received from Minister of Human Resources Development is enclosed. It is requested to give it wide circulation so that the children of Gramin Dak Sevaks could take the maximum advantage of the facility extended to them.
Director (Welfare & Sports)
Encl: As above
Copy for information to:
1. PPS/PS to Secretary (Posts)All Members of the Board
2. CGM (MG)/JS&FA/Secretary. (PSB)All DDsG including CE (Civil)