ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
(Central Head Quarter)
First Floor, Post Office Building, Padamnagar, Delhi 110007
President: D.N. Giri
General Secretary S.S. Mahadevaiah
GDS/CHQ/43/1/2013 Dated. 06-02-2013
Ms. P. Gopinath,
Department of Posts,
New Delhi – 1.
Sub:- Most urgent and pressing problems of the Gramin Dak Sevak employees.
We are submitting herewith a short note on most urgent and pressing problems of the Gramin Dak Sevaks for your kind perusal and favourable action.
1. Gross injustice and discrimination has been done to Gramin Dak Sevak employees by denying Bonus Ceiling of Rs. 3500/- at par with Departmental Staff. Bonus Ceiling of Rs. 2500/- to GDS is nothing but discrimination. Bonus is granted on the basis of profits earned by the department of posts. The major source of the department’s income is from rural postal life insurance. Gramin Dak Sevaks Procured 1,22,03,345 active policies and 661,322,3 million rupees deposit were collected. Besides this NREGS is being implemented effectively in branch post offices. GDS officials got equal bonus at par with departmental employees till 2008. In 2008 the bonus ceiling was enhanced from Rs. 2500/- to Rs. 3500/- unfortunately enhanced bonus was denied to GDS officials. The discrimination still continues despite court verdict in several states. It is high time to remove this discrimination and grant Rs. 3500/- bonus to GDS employees.
2. Removal of tightening of norms for GDSBPMs, Rs.20,000/- Cash handling per point is unreasonable and unscientific. Hither to Rs.1000/- per point for Cash handling was in force which was the basis for computation of their TRCA. Similarly no norm is fixed for transactions done under MNREGS up to 20 transactions, Stamps sales norms Rs.900/- is unreasonable against the former norms of Rs.45/- per point. We request immediate review as the officials undergo REDUCTION IN THEIR MONTHLY EMOLUMENTS/TRCA. No pay committee has suggested downward revision of pay/TRCA and such peculiarity/discrimination is only towards this section! In reality their pay should have been on the basis of minimum hours of attendance like Departmental staff, not on the basis of workload assessed unscientifically and irrationally. ANOTHER PERTINENT POINT IS THAT THEIR SERVICES ARE UTILISED OUTSIDE THE DUTY HOURS TO MOBILISE R.P.L.I, MGNREGS AND OTHER SMALL SAVINGS WORK.
3. Hither to Compassionate appointment to the wards of GDS have been given as a welfare measure, without any condition or restrictions. Imposing unethical and unreasonable conditions and norms prescribed recently is against the principles of natural justice and law of the land. Introduction of irrational and unscientific methods to assess indigent circumstances of the family are quite unreasonable and unjust. Earning MINIMUM POINTS OF 50 is highly impracticable and unjust, live examples have been furnished already for urgent review. Please look into this issue objectively, compassionately and ON PRIORITY.
4. Scrap the new recruitment rules for appointment of postman/MTS. Stop 25% recruitment from open market. Restore the previous Recruitment Rules. Senior GDS officials have been denied to promote as postman/MTS. The avenue of series be convey departmental is blocked the most enhman action.
5. Most of the GDS posts have been abolishing stating that there is not justified workload for the post. Stop abolition of GDS Posts and filling up of all vacant post in all cadres of GDS. To fill up the GDS posts (other than GDS BPM), powers may be vested to Divisional Heads to save delay. As per the Annual report of Department of post and the information obtained by RTI Act, there are above 40 thousand GDS post vacant left unfilled in the Branch post offices Necessary action may be taken in this regard as GDS are traced to undergo combination of 2 to 3 duties, working beyond 5 hours without any compaction.
6. Casual labour, contingent, part time workers are working in the post offices along with postal staff years together. They are getting the wages along with D.A they are also low paid employees under finitely payment of D.A. has been stopped to them for four years. Reasons are not know. Hence you are requested to restore D.A and grant pro-rate revised scales.
We, therefore, most respectfully solicit your kind intervention and early settlement of the issues for which we shall be highly grateful.
With regards,Yours faithfully