Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Bhavan,
New Delhi, dated the 12th April,2010
All Chief Postmasters General,
All Postmaster General,
All Directors/Dy. Director of Accounts (Postal).
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) at
revised rates with effect from 01-01-2010.
Consequent upon grant of another installment of dearness allowance with effect from 01-01-2010 to Central Government Employees, vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No.1(3)/2010-EII(B), dated the 26th March,2010, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS), have also become entitled to the payment of dearness allowance on basic TRCA at the revised rate with effect from 01-01-2010. It has, therefore, been decided that the dearness allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 27% to 35%, on the basic Time Related Continuity Allowance, with effect from 01-01-2010.
- The additional installment of dearness allowance payable under this order, shall be paid in cash to all Gramin Dak Sevaks. The payment of arrears of dearness allowance for the month of January and February, 2010, shall not be made before the date of disbursement of TRCA of March, 2010.
- The expenditure on this account will be debitable to the Sub Head ‘Salaries’ under the relevant head and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
- This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 80/FA/10/CS, dated 12.04.2010
- E.A. to Secretary (P)
- PPS/PS Member (P)/Member(T)/Member(O&M)/Member(HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Plg)
- Additional DG APS, R.K. Puram, New Delhi 110066
- The Director General, P&T Audit, New Delhi
- All Directors Postal Training Centers
- Director, Postal Staff College of India, Ghaziabad.
- CGM(PLI), Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- CGM/BD Directorate, New Delhi.
- GDS/Budget/FA(P)/PEII/PCC/SR/SPBI/SPBII/C&A/PB Sections of the Directorate.
- All recognized Unions.
- Guard File.